And, that’s a wrap on #SXSW14
Interestingly, we learned on Sunday that you used to have to check your phones in the airport in North Korea. There are no existing geo-tags in North Korea, so David Guttenfelder of the AP has begun using Foursquare to tag locations and has his guide translate them into Korean.
During Hurricane Sandy, TIME sent five photographers into three different areas of the storm to photograph and capture the storm. Time allowed the photographers to upload directly to TIME’s feed, different from normal protocol. TIME ran both phone and camera photographs in their issue on the storm.
Still hoping to win one of the hourly prizes. Not this time, try again tomorrow.
Final comments from Adam Savage
-Pay attention and you’ll notice patterns
-Participate in what’s around you
-Nothing is beyond your understanding
-Culture is conversation
From Left to right: Pete Cashmere: Founder, Mashable; Joanna Coles, editor of Cosmo; Olivier Fleurot, CEO of MSLGROUP
1. Identify key stakeholders from the beginning.
2. Share the plan - must have holistic knowledge and shared expectations from the beginning.
3. Address barriers to success - Facebook changes things all the time so plan for this or talk about it from the beginning.
4. Don’t reinvent the wheel - brands are paying for unique experiences but leto’s be efficient.
5. Proof of concept - mock up how something will look and get sign off before you get started so you can all remain on the same page.
6. Match execution to strategy.
7. Don’t over engineer, keep it simple.
8. Don’t build until everyone is on board - the issue will come out so talk about it before
9. Don’t change your mind - change is a constant but remain committed to the goal
10. Maintain. Maintain. Maintain. The end of the the project is not the end.
It’s imperative to incorporate quality assurance testing from the very beginning of any project in order to avoid last minute scrambling or mistakes.
Olivier Fleurot: CEO, MSLGROUP, Generation Mash-Up: Y Bother
Mary has full focus at the Subway booth, sending all brainwaves to the Flatizza.
Arts and crafts in the “Company Culture” session. Visualizing what I envision for Integrate’s culture.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery, “Pimp Your Pitch”