We are sad to end our #SXSW experience today but to conclude, we saw Jonah Peretti, BuzzFeed CEO and Founder talk about the next wave of innovation in media.
- Learn from the mormons - have an idea and a good way to share it
- Understand the platform - different content spreads on Google vs Facebook; know where your content should love
- The big shift to social is coming to advertising
- People love the Paris cafe - stay close to what makes us human; people want to laugh
- Social is a way of thinking - there are no tricks, you have to be human
Today the ladies of Integrate saw Shaq speak with Brian Solis and were completely surprised by what they learned. Here are three of Integrate’s favorite Shaq facts:
1. Shaq does all of his own tweets: Shaq told the packed audience at the Long Center how important it is for him to be real both in his every day life and online. Something our team believes in too.
2. Shaq spends wisely: Did you know Shaq invested in Google before it was what is it today? He continues to invest in projects he is passionate about and encourages others to do the same.
3. Shaq is a proud Texan: Hailing from San Antonio, Shaq chastised a member of the audience wearing an Aggie hat and threw up the horns in support of UT Austin. Integrate couldn’t have been prouder.
This week we’ve learned that sometimes, it’s easy to find inspiration in the most uncommon of places - like when you’re sitting in front of Shaquille O’neal.
It would take more than 7 years to read the more than 25 million Wikipedia articles.
We have to create cultures that are fundamentally humanistic and caring.
You can have the most healthy life possible, but it probably means you’ll have to change the way you live.